The Best Travel Tips I Found on Pinterest
We all love traveling and we know what a beautiful adventure it can be. However, one of the worst feelings is realizing that you are not well prepared, when it is too late. To avoid unpleasant surprises, I have done some research and collected the best travel tips I found on Pinterest for you. From how to rest on a long flight, to packing essentials and food-related tips, you will be perfectly prepared to travel like a pro and will certainly enjoy every moment to the fullest!
Top 3 Travel Tips
1. How to Master Your Flight Time:
Raise your hand if you have ever been on a plane for what felt like a never-ending flight, and any attempt to fall asleep was a failure. Maybe the plane was noisy, you just could not quite find the right position, or your neck hurt like crazy.
Fear no more, this infographic below will help you! Here is a little preview with some of the tips I’ve found, so that you can sleep like a baby and land in no time:
- Before the flight, stick to your bedtime routine – e.g. brushing your teeth, reading a book, etc. – but try to get a little less sleep than usual – cut down your hours of sleep from 8 to 5, so that sleep will come naturally as you fly.
- During your flight, avoid the snack trolley – drinks and snacks that are rich in caffeine or sugar can disrupt your sleeping pattern.
Beating Jet Lag
Jet lag is certainly a traveler’s worst enemy, but this infographic has got you covered. Here’s some of its useful advice:
- Before you go, keep calm. Stress can make jet-lag worse, so plan ahead and check-in online to alleviate your worries.
- During your flight, drink water and avoid alcohol and caffeine. Dehydration makes jet lag worse.
- When you arrive, try to get a minimum of 4 hours of sleep during the local night, so that you train your body to adapt to the new time zone.
2. What to Bring With You:
The Packing Madness
I think we can all relate to the overwhelming feeling of trying to plan what to pack for a trip, and always failing to find the perfect balance between packing too much – with the risk of being burdened by overly-heavy bags – and packing too little – ending up disappointed and desperately looking for stores nearby. Working on packing skills is essential for a traveler, and we can all use some tips. For example, who, like me, always forgets the plug adapter?
Packing the Right Food
It’s true, we tend to put a lot of thought into our packing as travelers. However, we very rarely worry about food. Who, like me, is constantly let down by the often terribly unhealthy food served on planes? Bringing healthy options with you when traveling, just as one might do in the every-day office routine, might be the best bet. I found these very useful tips on meal prepping for flights and travels. For example, you can:
- Make sure to keep your body hydrated by filling a flask of water at a drinking fountain at the departure gate. This way, you would not need to buy bottled water.
- Stick to finger foods that would be easy to snack without being messy on the plane – e.g. baked chickpeas.
3. How to Stay Fit While Traveling:
Have you built a habit to stay fit and go to the gym regularly? If so, you may think that going on vacation can disrupt your good habits. You have a point. When we are in ‘vacation mode’, every indulgence is seemingly ok, right? Well, if you stretch this too far, you could really regret it. You do not want to ruin months and months of sacrifices and healthy choices in less than 2 weeks, right? Well, you don’t have to. I have found some very interesting tips on how to squeeze in an easy and short workout, to avoid guilt and stick to your healthy habits, while enjoying your vacation to the fullest.
Let’s Hear From an Expert!
Anastasiya Gorshkova has her travel fitness blog. She is always on the go but she never skips a workout! A couple of memorable quotes from this very interesting interview:
- “When it comes to my fitness locations, I always look for places that inspire me.”
- “Never miss a Monday workout. There is something about working out on Monday that makes you feel like you are off to the right start of the week.”
The Perfect Equipment-Free Workouts
Here comes another great pin. This article has a whole lot of workout routines that can be performed everywhere, no equipment needed – except your body, of course! A couple motivational remarks, for a preview:
- A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your entire day.
- 15 minutes of resistance training a day will help boost your metabolism, burn more calories throughout the day, sleep better, and get stronger.
As you can see, with these easy tips you will be able to enjoy your trip to the fullest, while making sure you do not let your flight disrupt your well-being, forget important items, eat unhealthy or ditch your exercise habits!
What are your favorite travel tips? Share them with us in a comment!
Also, don’t forget to follow Olive Tree Escapes on Pinterest!